How does an illegal Mexican immigrant become a US Citizen?
1. Move back to Mexico. if you voluntarily self-deport, the 3 and 10 year time bars do not apply.
2. Apply for a for a legal immigration visa at the US Embassy. There are many categories under which you can apply. It helps if you are educated and/or have a valuable skill. Another method is to apply as a legal guest worker, then later adjust to legal resident status.
3. Wait your turn in line for the visa, just like everyone else in the world does. Some Filipinos wait 22 years for an F4 family immigration visa.
4. Once you have the visa, move to the US.
5. After 5 years of living in the US, if you have not committed any crimes or used welfare, you can apply for US Citizenship. But first you have to ask yourself what you feel in your heart, are you an American or a Mexican?
6. Take and pass the Citizenship test.
7. Be sworn in as as US Citizen. Be sure to renounce all allegiance to Mexico, and don't plan on later applying for dual Mexican-US citizenship, otherwise you could loose your US citizenship.
The Diversity Immigrant Visa lottery does not apply to Mexicans, so no, you cannot go back home and apply for a workers visa, this is a lie.
In addition, #7 is not completely true. It's actually very difficult to lose your US citizenship once obtained, short of committing treason. Basically, the only way you can lose it is to voluntarily renounce it, which is a complicated procedure.
In Afroyim v. Rusk, the US Supreme Court declared that you cannot automatically lose your citizenship by doing something a citizen of a foreign country would do (in Afroyim's case, he moved to Israel and voted in their elections); in 1980, because of the Afroyim verdict, President Carter ended the treaties that made naturalizing in a foreign country an automatic loss of citizenship event.
If you marry a Mexican citizen would he become a citizen then or would he have to take the test to become a US citizen?
IF YOU MARRY A MEXICAN, HE DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY BECOME AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. THE ONLY THING THAT MARRAIGE ESTABLISHES WHEN YOU MARRY A MEXICAN IS PERMANENT RESIDENT ALIEN STATUS FOR HIM. HE CAN ONLY KEEP THIS IF YOU REMAIN MARRIED FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF YEARS. IF HE WISHES TO BECOME A CITIZEN, HE MUST TAKE THE TEST AND PASS. I married an illegal Mexican immigrant and I was told by an immigration officer that…
Can an illegal immigrant become a citizen of the U.S. if their business makes more than ten thousand dollars a month?
Can an illegal immigrant married to an us citizen with children that is their child together become legal?
Would it be easier to become an American citizen if you're an illegal immigrant who is married to a U.S. citizen AND your child is a U.S. citizen as well?
Can an illegal immigrant become US citizen if convicted of felony deported and reentered U.S illegally?
How does travel work if my Mexican fiance doesn't want to be a citizen when we get married Will I become a Mexican citizen?
A foreign national who is unlawfully present within the US cannot apply for permanent residency or citizenship unless her or she qualifies as a refugee or asylee. Due to new immigration reform and enforcement, marriage to a US citizen by an illegal immigrant will no longer result in the citizen spouse being able to apply for residency for the immigrant spouse. All foreign nationals unlawfully present within the US are now subject to deportation with…
There are not grounds for filing a civil suit in such a situation. In addition, a foreign national whether illegal or not does become a citizen by marrying an American citizen, nor are they guaranteed permanent resident status. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, http://www.uscis.gov
How can an adult illegal alien become a citizen if they have a parent that is a naturalized citizen?
Which acts increased the time that was required for an immigrant to become an American citizen from five to fourteen years?
If an illegal alien had a baby with a US citizen and did not marry the same citizen what rights does that illegal immigrant have?
How can an illegal alien become a us citizen if they have been deported and have a felony in the u.s.?
If a US citizen is married to an illegal immigrant and they have two US born children can she obtain legal status or is she subject to deportation and would the children affect the decision?
If your already married she's already legal! * An immigrant legal or illegal does not become a US citizen by marrying a US citizen. The female immigrant who is in the US illegal can still be deported under US immigration laws. The issue of her being married to a citizen and having children may or may not be to her advantage. If she is taken into custody she will be given the chance to appeal…