Allergic reactions to Meds are tricky. Obviously its best to consult a Physician ASAP for their opinion. My daughter had a reaction to ammoxicilin and it took a few days for the swelling and rash to go away. The medicine stays in your system longer then you realize. Some people need steroids to reduce swelling and an antihistamine like Benydryl. Its safe to say that you need to give it a few days for the fluid of the swelling to go away and back to normal. Keep antihistamines in your purse (or if a guy, in your pocket or vehicle at all times.) Benadryl is the best and for adults two caps (25 mgs. each) are what you should take. It takes only 10 to 15 minutes for the swelling to go down, but if you've left it for a long time it may take longer. DO NOT DRIVE A VEHICLE OR MACHINERY WHILE TAKING ANTIHISTIMINES. Benadryl is given in hospitals (I know because I had a reaction to a medication) and is harmless to you. It will probably make you sleepy.
For mild hives a topical antihistimine should reduce the swelling and redness fairly quick. For a reaction of greater severity, a doctor should be consulted as swelling may be an indication of the onset of anaphylaxis.
Yes, any type of swelling is normal with an allergic reaction. If the swelling gets worse or starts moving upward, seek medical attention right away.
Often times, allergies that are severe do not go away. Minor allergic reactions may include rash, sneezing, and/or itching. Sometimes people grow out of these with age. However severe allergies may include swelling of the tongue, lips, throat and closure of the airway. This is LIFE THREATENING! If you can not breathe, you can not live. If you discover that you have a severe allergic reaction, call 911 right away. ALWAYS AVOID THIS FOOD!!!
According to RX List:A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
Its been 2 days since my body had a allergic reaction and i am still working on it going away
Ususally is the reaction is small...........just untill the animal is away from you!
No, that is not really an allergic reaction. Antibiotics should usually be taken with food, because they can cause stomach distress. If that doesn't help, you can ask for a different antibiotic, if the stomach distress is too much for you, and doesn't go away. Technically, your reaction just means that you have a sensitivity. If you'd like to know the difference, an allergic reaction could eventually lead to death, if you continue taking the medication. A sensitivity is more like an annoying side effect.
About three weeks.
If you are allergic to something, I would get away from the object causing the reaction, also if you are near anything that could be causing your eye to be irritated. Diphenhyramine, a medicine in Tylenol PM and other drugs, is an antihistamine that can reduce swelling and itching.
It takes about 10 minutes or less.
Yes. If you are allergic to something, it is best to stay away from it completely. Depending on the severity of the allergy, some people will break out or have an allergic reaction just because they are near the thing they are allergic to. Others only have an allergic reaction if they eat the item they are allergic to. Make sure to ask your doctor about the severity of your allergy before you go near anything you are allergic to!
Allergic reactions usually last about 20-30 minutes. Take some allergy medicine to make it go away.
It also depends on what type of hives there are. You may notcie that they arn't allergic reaction hives they might be something else so it may take longer for those hives to go away instead allergy hives.
Swelling shows an allergic reaction much like the reaction to a mosquito bite; this normally will go away by itself, eventually. If, however, an infection develops, then you would need medical treatment.
Because the egg doesn't like the vinegar. It has an allergic reaction and floats away.
It could be an allergic reaction, irritation, or even an std. Don´t itch it, and make an appointment with your gynocologist right away. She can tell you what it is, and if it is an allergic reaction she can give you something for it. But she needs to see it before it goes away in order to tell you what it is.
Swelling at the location of vaccination is completely normal and nothing to worry about. The swelling should go away in about a day. If, however, the swelling increases, and you experience fever or difficulty breathing, you should contact your doctor, since this could indicate an allergic reaction to a component of the vaccine. Vaccination is a procedure given to develop immunity. Vaccination can be active or passive; attenuated or subunits. When vaccine is give it elicits immune response which is observed as swelling.
Usually it takes a few hours for the swelling to go down. If you have a large local reaction to the stinger, the swelling will increase for the next 1 or 2 days but will subside after the course of about a week.
The irritation from an allergic reaction will probably go away once the source of the allergy has been removed. This may not be the case with blepharitus. Some one may know better but this answer is better than the rubbish answer I deleted.
No. This is an allergic reaction. See your doctor right away.
The same Time As How Long Your Poo Comes Out Of Your Butt. (Serious answer)
It depends on the type of cream. Why dont you read the label to find out?