How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers lost?
The San Francisco 49ers have lost one Super Bowl. They have played in six Super Bowls and won five.
- Super Bowl XVI (1982)-- win against Bengals, 26-21
- Super Bowl XIX (1985)-- win against Dolphins, 38-16
- Super Bowl XXIII (1989)-- win against Bengals, 20-16
- Super Bowl XXIV (1990)-- win against Broncos, 55-10
- Super Bowl XXIX (1995)-- win against Chargers, 49-26
- Super Bowl XLVII (2013)-- loss to Ravens, 31-34
The San Francisco 49ers have won five of the six Super Bowls in which they have participated (they were victorious in XVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV and XXIX, but lost in XLVII). The New York Giants have appeared in five Super Bowls (XXII, XXV, XXXV, XLII and XLVI), and were victorious in all but XXXV. Both teams suffered losses to the Baltimore Ravens.
The San Francisco 49ers are 5-0 in Super Bowls. The New York Jets, Baltimore Ravens, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints are all 1-0. As of the 2012 season, there are five teams that have played in the Super Bowl and have not lost. Four of those teams (Jets, Ravens, Buccaneers, and Saints) have played in only one Super Bowl and have been victorious. The San Francisco 49ers have played in and won five…