USA swimmers won gold medals in 13 events at the 2000 Games: Men - 1) 50 meter freestyle - Anthony Ervin and Gary Hall, Jr. (tie)
2) 100 meter backstroke - Lenny Krayzelburg
3) 200 meter backstroke - Lenny Krayzelburg
4) 200 meter butterfly - Tom Malchow
5) 400 meter individual medley - Tom Dolan
6) 4x100 meter medley relay - Team Women - 1) 400 meter freestyle - Brooke Bennett
2) 800 meter freestyle - Brooke Bennett
3) 100 meter breaststroke - Megan Quinn
4) 200 meter butterfly - Misty Hyman
5) 4x100 meter freestyle relay - Team
6) 4x200 meter freestyle relay - Team
7) 4x100 meter medley relay - Team
28 gold medals
6 gold medals.
At the 2000 Sydney Summer Olympics, Russia received a total of 32 gold medals.
Russia won 32 gold medals at the 2000 Sydney Summer Olympics.
Micheal Phelps;8 gold medals
As of the 2008 Games, that would be swimming. Australia has won 50 gold medals in swimming. Second is athletics with 18 gold medals and third is cycling with 13 gold medals.
He won Two gold medals in swimming
Michael Phelps in Beijing 2008 games, He won 8 gold medals.
Michael Phelps of the United States with 14 gold medals in swimming.
Michael Phelps, Swimming, 14 gold medals.
Great Britain won 28 medals at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney (11 gold, 10 silver, 7 bronze).
Michael Phelps, he got 8 gold medals for swimming
Mark Spitz won 7 gold medals in swimming.
Kristin Otto of West Germany won 6 gold medals in swimming.
At the Sydney 2000 Olympics, Australia won a total of 58 medals: 16 Gold, 25 Silver and 17 Bronze.
302 gold medals. But what is the breakdown? Seems biased to swimming (28) if you ask me.
Ian Thorpe has 5 god medals in swimming.
He won 4 Gold Medals and 2 Silver Medals in the 2012 Olympics Yes, he is planning on it. It will probably be his last olympic game that he is swimming in though.
he won the most gold medals in the 1972 Olympics in swimming (7)