How many joules are there in a led bulb?
1) The power use of bulbs is specified in units of power, not energy. In other words, watts - which means joules per second.
2) Light-bulbs come in different capacities.
3) It is incorrect to say that the energy (or power) "is in" the light-bulb. The light-bulb simply transforms one type of energy to another, using electrical energy which is NOT stored in the light-bulb.
Almost 90 % of electrical energy provided to an incandescent light bulb goes as heat and rest as light. A 100 Watt bulb puts out 100 Joules of heat per second. So - for one minute it would put out 6000 Joules (100 Watts X 60 seconds). 1 BTU (British Thermal Unit) of heat = 1055.056 Joules. So a 100 watt bulb, burning for one minute would put out 5.68 BTUs of heat. ( 6000…
Joules (energy) are not equivalent to Watts (power). If something converts 6 Joules every second, it is 6 Watts. If it takes ten seconds to convert 6 Joules, its power is 0.6 Watts. Multiply the Watts by the seconds to find the Joules. Comment You do not 'consume' power. Power is simply a rate; you cannot consume a rate! You consume energy; the rate at which you consume it is power.
How many Joules of electrical energy does a 100 Watt light bulb consume from the electrical supply in 2 seconds?
If the light bulb from number 10 radiates 100 watts times 100 joules per second of photons. How many photons per second are radiated?
60 watts means the same as 60 joules per second. This is the energy used; all of the energy will be given off by the light bulb (but not all of it will be radiated as visible light). 60 watts means the same as 60 joules per second. This is the energy used; all of the energy will be given off by the light bulb (but not all of it will be radiated as visible…
There is no direct cross over replacement for the halogen bulb. The pin configurations are different. The halogen bulb has pins whereas the LED lamp is an intermediate screw in base. The LED bulb uses an intermediate base so that it can be screwed into a regular household fixture as a direct replacement for the old incandescent type bulb.
A current of 2A passes through 12V electric bulb . The electrical energy consumed by the bulb in 20 min is?
Let's assume that this is an incandescent bulb with a light efficiency of 35 percent ... i.e. 35 percent of the electric power it consumes is converted to light, and the other 65 percent becomes heat, which the bulb then dissipates into the room. So the bulb is dissipating heat at the rate of (0.65 x 40) = 26 watts = 26 Joules per second. 2 hours = (2 x 3,600) = 7,200 seconds 26…