Motorcycle Law
Scooters and Mini-Bikes

How old do you have to be to have a Motor Driven Cycle license in Tennessee?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-03-26 18:41:43
2007-03-26 18:41:43 Courtesy of : "Motor-driven Cycle (Class M Limited) The license is valid for four years. You must: Be at least age 14 Operate only two or three-wheeled vehicles with no more than 125 cc cylinders Operate only between 4 a.m. and 8 p.m. (if between the ages of 14 and 16) Operate only within seven miles of your home (if between the ages of 14 and 16) Comply with the restrictions set forth by the Examiner (if 16 or older)"


Related Questions

For a Motorcycle License Class M you must be 16. You can get a Class M-Limited Motor Driven Cycle License at the age of 14 with certain restrictions. You can only operate it between the hours of 4-8 P.M. and only within 7 miles of your home. It can be no larger than 125cc. The question was Motorcycle License, not Motor Driven Cycle license.

From the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division website: "A motorcycle license or endorsement is required to drive a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle. You must be at least 16 to apply for a motorcycle license." For the sake of AZ law, a 'scooter' of <50cc is a 'motor-driven cycle' 50cc or larger is a 'motorcycle'.

You go to the Tennessee department of motor vehicles and apply for a license.

You do need a license to ride a 49cc bike in Illinois. Th law states that mopeds or motor scooter between 49cc and 150cc require an Class L Motor-Driven Cycle License.

Yes, you are required to have a Class L license which will allow you to operate any motor-driven cycle under 150cc. The only exception to this is if you are operating a moped (pedal-driven cycle), that is 49cc or less and ha less than 2 braking HP. In IL, you can take a free MSF course ($20 refundable deposit needed) that upon completion will allow you to add the M classification to your license which will allow you to operate ANY motor-driven cycle.

Every person who operates a motor vehicle on the highways of the State of Alabama must first secure a driver license. Alabama law recognizes two classes of engine-equipped cycles: 1. Motorcycle is defined as a motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, but excluding a tractor. 2. Motor-Driven Cycle is defined as every motorcycle, including every motor scooter, with a motor which produces not to exceed five brake horse-power nor to exceed 150 cubic centimeter engine displacement and weighs less than 200 pounds fully equipped, and every bicycle with motor attached. A person who has attained the age of 16 and who has been issued a class M driver license may operate either a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle. A person who is at least 14 years of age may apply for a restricted license to operate a motor-driven cycle only. Under Alabama law, a moped is considered a motor-driven cycle. The parent of guardian of any child shall not authorize or knowingly permit the child to violate any provision of the code regulating the operation of motorcycles or motor-driven cycles. Once a 14-year-old is licensed to operate a motor-driven cycle, the license is valid for a four-year period for that class vehicle. The "Class M" must appear on the license in order to operate the cycle. Restriction "B" (motor-driven cycle - 5 horsepower or smaller - for ages 14 and 15 only) will then apply. At age 16, the applicant may return to the driver license examining office and transfer to a motorcycle class license without the size restrictions.

Yes, In CaliforniaA Motor Driven Cycle has 149CC or less engine size. CVC Sec. 405A Motor Driven Cycle has to be registered and driver must have a Motor cycle license (M1).A"motorized bicycle" or "moped" is any two-wheeled or three-wheeled device having fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power, or having no pedals if powered solely by electrical energy). CVC Sec. 406(s) 406 (b) * A Motorized Bicycle is issued special license plates and identification cards, which require a one-time $18 fee. No renewal required. (M2) moped/scooter only license or an M1

A M1 license allows you to operate any 2-wheel motorcycle or motor-driven cycle, including those 150cc or higher. A M2 license allows you to operate any motorized bicycle, moped, or any bicycle with an attached motor, up to 150cc

In NSW Australia to ride a motor cycle on a public road you have to have a motor cycle licence.

No you do not. you can get your moped lincens at age 16 and your motor cycle licenses at age 17.

According to the California DMV, any motor-driven cycle that has an engine size of 149cc or less requires registration. Additionally, to legally ride the vehicle a Class M1 license is needed.

According to the California Motorcycle Handbook a "motor-driven" cycle is a motorcycle with an engine displacement less than 150cc. Motor-driven cycles cannot be operated on a freeway. Motorcycles above the 150cc size are motorcycles as opposed to "motor-driven cycles" and can be operated on CA freeways.

a motor cycle license and a Commercial Drivers License (needed to drive a commercil vehicle-- truck) are 2 diffreant licenses

Apparently not in the UK, but if you hold a valid learners permit, you may operate a motor driven cycle with no passenger on non highway roads. The vehicle must reach the the speed limit of the roads, and if it doesnt, you must drive the vehicle on the right traffic lane. This law applies in the state of Massachusetts and many others, although, no, in the UK you must have a full license. For the state of Mass, once you have your license you may drive passengers in/on your motor driven cycle, in a side car or on the back, if there is a back seat.

I live in California and have a Honda CT70 Mini Trail which is a street legal, 70cc bike.I had the same question.I pulled this definition straight from the CA DMV website:A Motor Driven Cycle has 149CC or less engine size. CVC Sec. 405A Motor Driven Cycle has to be registered and driver must have a Motor cycle license (M1).A Motorcycle is anything over 150cc and requires an M1, too.A Moped or Motorized bicycle has pedals and only requires an M2.So, in answer to your question, if your bike is 50cc, is street legal and has no pedals you will need an M1 license.If it is 50cc and has pedals, then I think you're good to go with an M2.Here is the link to the CA DMV page with this infor:

The Quadricycle, which he built in 1896 driven by a two-cylinder, four-cycle motor.

ALL US states are signatories to the Interstate Compact on Motor Vehicle Laws.

No motor vehicle license is required on private property. The tow motor/fork lift truck is not designed to be driven on public roads, but you do have to be certified to operate a tow motor/fork lift truck.

If the scooter is 50cc or less you do not need a motor cycle license, insurance, or a tag but you still need at least an ordinary drivers license to take it on the road.

In Oklahoma, "A" is not a CDL-specific restriction. An "A" restriction on ANY Oklahoma license means, "Regardless of age, when operating a motorcycle must be in view of a person who is licensed to operate a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle and who is at least 21 years old"

A d.c. motor is a machine driven by direct current, as opposed to one that is driven by alternating current.

Yes,u can drive battery cycle...................................that doesn't need licence

Depends on how powerful the motor is. Rather slow/weak electric scooters can be driven any old how, but if it's powerful/fast enough a license (or at least the appropriate age) can be required.No.

You cannot convert a turbo diesel driven car to a petrol motor. You have to buy a car that uses the petrol motor.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.