Auto Loans and Financing
Auto Insurance
New Jersey

How old does a car need to be to not require full coverage in New Jersey?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-09-05 21:39:44
2005-09-05 21:39:44

Let start assuming by full coverage you mean Comprehensive and Collision coverage is included on the policy. Comprehensive and Collision coverage is always optional no matter how old or new the car may be if you have the title to the car. If you don't have title, meaning it is financed or leased, then your lender most likely will require that you keep Comprehensive and Collision coverage. The decision to have or not have Comphrensive or Collision is a personal one that needs to be based on the value of the car and how much you will have to pay for the Comp and Coll premiums. You also have the choice of just deleting Coll. but keep the Comp. By doing this you would reduce your premiums but still keep coverage for damage covered by Comp. Also consider adding Uninsured Motorist Property Damage if you drop the Coll. By doing this you think that because you are a good driver and unlikely to be the cause of the accident you retain coverage for things that are out of your control and save money at the same time.


Related Questions

Yes. Damage could still happen to the vehicle and the loan company or bank will require full coverage.

In Nebraska, you're actually not required to have full coverage. You'll only need to have minimum liability insurance.

On a car? If it is old, then no. If it is new, I suggest you get full coverage because it will cost less to fix it than replace it. If you finance any portion of the loan in which the car is having a lien on it, you will need to protect the collateral and the bank will require a full coverage policy.

yuo. financed motorcycle always need full coverage . i bought my gsxr finanaced and had to get full coverage . The dealer ship requires u to get it -_-

usually you only need full coverage if you are financing or leasing your vehicle.

Yes,, All auto finance companies require that you provide full coverage on the vehicle until it is paid off.

Most states require insurance on every car, and if your car is financed then the finance company may require full coverage to protect their loan.

you dont have to have umpd coverage if you have full coverage but most of the time on full coverage it has umpd and if you dont have umpd your collision will pay for fixing your vehicle but most of the time there is a higher deductible on collision I know this because i am an insurance agent

In California, anyway, you need full insurance coverage on a car the whole time it is financed. After its paid off, you can drop a bunch of the coverage and just carry liability.

Full coverage requirements have nothing to do with the age of the car. If you still make payments on the car then you still have to have full coverage. If you own the car outright, then you do not have to have it.

In my state you only need to have Liability insurance the get a title and register the vehicle. If, however you have a loan on the car the lender will require you to have full coverage.

No. You have to have physical damage coverage on the motorcycle also.

If you have a loan on it, you'll need full coverage. If you do not have a loan, I'd suggest liability coverage for price. If you live in a busy city, get full coverage, as accidents do happen. Consult an insurance agent to see what is best for your situation.

Most just require a copy of the students schedule showing they are enrolled full time

If the car you have is new, it is safer to go with full coverage. If it is old there is likely little reason to bother paying for more than liability coverage.

No, "full coverage" auto insurance is not required by law.All states require some level of car insurance that covers costs if you are responsible for an accident. That would be called liability insurance and the state minimum coverages dictate how much of it you need to buy.That said, "full coverage" does not actually exist and the phrase generally refers to buying a combination of several insurance types to ensure the most protection.

If you require a UK visa you need to apply to the UK government though the embassy in your country. Jersey is a part of the UK, you do not need a separate visa for Jersey.

If the car is paid off, then only liability insurance is needed. If it is not, then you will need a full insurance coverage plan.

You do not have to purchase full coverage auto insurance in Illinois if your vehicle is paid for. You do still need Bodily Injury Liability, Property Damage Liability, and Uninsured Motorist coverage.

Short answer--No! In order to have the claim covered on the vehicle, you would need full coverage on the auto policy. This peril is covered under comprehensive, which is part of what is known as full coverage to the auto.

If you have a French Passport, you might require a US visa to travel to Jersey.

you need full coverage insurance- if you do not- then you must either have a major credit card (not debit) or purchase the companies coverage.

the term "Full Coverage" is a layman's term. You will not find this language in your policy. In order to determine if you have Medical Coverage you just need to look at your policy and see if you have Medical or Personal Injury protection. Your policy will indicate such and the limits of coverage available. Happy Motoring

This is your decision. If the vehicles are financed then the finance agreement you have with the bank or finance company will require that you carry physical damage coverage. If the vehicles are paid for and not financed then the decision is completely up to the owner of the business. The owner will have to weigh the risk of loss versus the premium to carry physical damage coverage.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.