How can we prevent coronavirus?
According to the CDC, “the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.” Some steps you can take to limit your exposure to the virus:
- Regularly wash your hands for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Pay attention to hand hygiene, especially when you’ve been in a public place and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Practice social distancing by increasing the space between you and other people. That means staying home as much as you can, especially if you feel sick.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces (like keyboards, doorknobs, and light switches) every day.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with the inside of your elbow or a tissue. Throw the tissue away immediately and wash your hands.
- Wear a facemask only if you are sick or are caring for someone who’s sick and can’t wear a facemask.
For more information on this ever-developing COVID-19 pandemic, consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s page dedicated to the virus, found here.