Court Procedure

I'm trying to get custody of my younger sister my mom oks it but said she had signed court papers saying she gave full custody to my dad. Is this legal and or possible without going to court?


User Avatar
Wiki User

If the original decree gave full custody to the father, then only the father can relinquish said custody. You will need to hire an attorney to figure out the legal implications required to take on such a task. But is it possible to give away custody of her without going to court? All my mom did was sign papers and send them to my dad who has not even filed them.