1995-1999 Dodge & Plymouth Neons

I am replacing the manual shift cable bushings on a 1999 Neon. How do you get to the shifter side of the cable?



User Avatar
Wiki User

1. Take out your center console

2. Remove the floor pan grommet mounting nuts

3. Remove the retaining clips and pry the cable off (If the bushings are shot, there won't be much prying needed)

That's all there is to it.