Asked in
Children and the Law
Child Support

I just got child support and the father wants to get a lawyer and take it away- do I have to go back to court if they request it?


User Avatar
Wiki User
February 28, 2013 10:52AM

The child support decision will stand. Most likely the father has no leg to stand on if you have the children. His threats are just noise and a good lawyer will tell him he is unlikely to win. If and when there is a court date, you will be notified. If he does not pay, keep on the court system to make sure he does. Meanwhile, see if you can find a better job for yourself so you are not quite so dependent on his payments. If he leaves threatening calls, be sure to keep recordings in a safe place away from the house. Many guys have a hard time with paying child support since they can't imagine "giving" you the money.