Landlord-Tenant Issues

I moved out in 2005 provided my 30 day notice no damage to the property and the landlord kept my deposit. Now it's 2008 can I take them to small claims to get my deposit back?


Wiki User

Probably. The statute of limitations is usually more than 3 years in most states. Check with an attorney or tenant's union in your area and, if they say you can still sue, you can.