Asked in
Consumer Electronics

I want to use a flat iron on my hair in paris.france what can i buy in usa to take that will work there?


User Avatar
Wiki User
September 13, 2011 10:58AM

Some flat irons won't work in Europe, even with an adaptor. The voltage is too high, and if your flat iron doesn't have the voltage conversion number listed on it, then you can't use an adaptor. For instance, on some hair dryers it might say 125-250V. That tells you it will convert itself to use less power when you plug it in to an adaptor. But many flat irons only say 120V, and that tells you it will not be able to be used with an adaptor. I would suggest purchasing a new flat iron, one that has the ability to to use less voltage, or buy one with a European plug. That's what I did when I traveled to Italy.