Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-06-03 04:50:03

If a 13 yrs old child wants to move out of mother home does the father still has to pay child support


Related Questions

Yes the father would still have to pay child support if he did not have custody of the child and the mother did not work.

Can a mother still keep her child from seeing the father even if he doesn't pay child support?"

yes. the father can still see his child. the mother is just refusing money. my father didn't pay child support but my brother and i still went to his house every other weekend. The father is still allowed the right to see his child. The best way is to find a time that is both convenient for the mother and father.

Because the mother leaves the state does not change who the father of the child is. Yes, the father is still required to pay child support.

If the divorce ordered the father to pay support, he owes that support until/unless the order is modified.

no the mother should have the legal obligation to take care of the child

Yes, you will still have to pay child support because you are the mother or father of the child, and that makes you still pay child support.

Unless the father has his parental rights terminated, of course he needs to support his child -

The father probably still owes the back child support, but it may become more difficult to collect.

It depends on the state. In most states the father would still be required to pay child support, even though he is living with the mother and the child. However, if the father was financially supporting the mother and child, it's likely that the courts would suspend the child support order.

Yes both parents still have a legal obligation to support the child monetarily.

Child support is calculated based on income of the father (or mother in such a case). If the father is unemployed his child support will still be calculated based on whatever minimum wage is in your state. The only time this does not apply is when the father is on disability. Welfare shouldn't matter.

No. You have remember that "support" is what the (usually) father pays the mother for the upkeep of the child. If the child moves out, the mother is no longer supporting the child and the father no longer needs to pay her.

In Missouri, after 30 days the support can stop, but in most states, a modification motion needs to be filed with the courts.

Child support law assumes that one or both parents are absent.

Yes. Child support laws are recognized by all states. No escape.

This depends on a couple of things, the state you are in and what your court order says. If the child is living full time with one parent it is the other parent who pays child support. However, if the child is living with the father for the summer (summer possession) the father will still continue to pay the mother child support even though the child temporarily is living with the father. The reason for this is the mother still has bills that are keeping the house and such for the child to come back too. The only way a father will not have to pay is if the court order says that during summer possession the father does not have to pay child support, but normally in this case the mother would not be obligated to pay child support to the father. However in the end, people should do what is best for the children and not worry about the dollars they receive or don't receive.

You are still the father of the child regardless of where the mother is; so of course you still have to pay support. In such case the payment would go to whoever the child's legal guardian is while the mother is in custody.

What is it with you men! Of course you would still have to pay child support for your 9 year old.

No, the father has to pay child support for both children. Of course the child that decides to live with him will be treated as he/she were when you were both married, but the child you have will still continue to receive child support by law!

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.