Auto Insurance Claims

If a driver hits a pedestrian and does NOT have insurance what options do they have?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-10-21 03:29:19
2005-10-21 03:29:19

Do the right thing and pay for the damage you caused out of your own pocket.


Related Questions

Then the driver would assume all liability for the accident - including monetary damages.

If a taxi driver hits you, and its his fault, the cab company's insurance pays.

If you have comprehensive insurance, your policy will cover the damages (less a deductable). In this case, your insurance company will sue the at fault driver. You can also sue the at fault driver for damages (if you do not have comprehensive).

Hopefully, no one needs to get sued; that's what insurance is for. Unless there are special circumstances, like the son lent the car knowing the driver was unfit or unqualified to drive, the actual driver would be sued, regardless of insurance. The driver took responsibility for the vehicle and committed the act, so he or she is directly liable.

The driver. As much as it sounds absurd, if a driver runs over a pedestrian he is always at fault.

Answer it will if you have full accident insurance Answer only if you have full coverage. Actually, it depends on whether or not the deer was in a pedestrian crosswalk. If it was, then your insurance will cover you as stated. However, if the deer was not in a crosswalk, then the deer's insurance will be liable.

Uninsured driver hits another uninsured driverYour both out of Luck, Neither of you have insurance. Both drivers will likely be fined and both drivers will likely have their drivers license suspended.

My insurance canceled uninsured person hits someone in rear what happens to me

What happens when an insured driver hits someone depends on the state you live in. In a no-fault state you present your claim to your insurance company for payment. In a tort state, you would sue the driver for compensation. If you have uninsured driver coverage, then your insurance company should cover you and/or your vehicle, up to a certain amount. You should check with your insurance company to be sure.

If a driver hits a fire hydrant on private property, then he or she is to blame. The hydrant is a stationary object that the driver should have been able to easily avoid. It is likely that, even with insurance, the driver will have to pay for any damages.

In the U.S. and Canada the law is: * Cross on crosswalks (if a car hits a pedestrian in a crosswalk that's not a good thing! * Most crosswalks have either an automatic signal to tell the pedestrian when to cross or there is a button close by the pedestrian can push to change the crosswalk signal. * If pedestrians J-walk (not in a crosswalk) then it's not the driver's fault in most cases. * If the weather is bad it's up to the pedestrian to be aware as much as the driver of vehicles and if you go out dressed in black or any dark clothing and think that you have are the cock of the J-walk think again! If you have dark clothing on and were not giving drivers a chance to see you then charges may not be laid against the driver and you're on your own. NOTE: A pedestrian is just as responsible for walking even across a crosswalk as a driver is seeing them.

It depends on where you are. In the US, you or your insurance pays first; then you collect from the person who hit you for the cost of the hospital bill, damages, and pain/suffering. Get a good lawyer to haggle with the insurance of the other person.

There are two ways to deal with this: 1. If the renter of the Uhaul purchased collision and liability insurance at the time of rental, then he needs to file a claim with Uhaul. Their insurance company will take care of it. 2. If the renter did NOT purchase Uhaul's insurance, then the driver is responsible and his personal collision insurance should take care of you. If the driver has no insurance, your other option is to take them to civil court or small claims court to recoup the cost of the damages.

You have no insurance at all on the vehicle correct? And no other vehicles that have insurance? If the driver has insurance then that is where you need to go to look for coverage, if they are uninsured as well, then assuming he was negliegent (not all ped. accidents are the fault of the vehicle driver), then you will need to bring suit against the driver. Again assuming he was negliegent.

File a loss notice with you Homeowners insurance Company. You should have no problem getting the damage to your home covered.

the only options are 1. to sue them. 1. You can file a report with your local authority and have their drivers license suspended until they decide to pay you.

No. For example if a driver stops at green light and the driver to his rear hits him, it is the driver in front's fault.

Most of the time, it'll be the fault of the driver. Regardless of whether or not a person is in a crosswalk, you're required to avoid them to the best of your ability. I suppose the driver might be let off lightly if the vehicle itself were found to have a fault that caused the accident.

Hopefully you called the police and filled out an accident report form so they can put him in jail.

People sue today for anything and everything. The question is could he win a lawsuit from someone he hit in the rear. In 2005 I would say anything is possible.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.