Best Answer

No, child support and child visitation are two different matters. Neither a father nor a mother can be denied visitation based on the fact that they are not paying child support.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2011-05-13 17:28:07
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: If a father has custody can he keep the child from her mother if she is not paying child support?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

If the mother has no income can the father get custody?

Having no income is not a reason for making a change in custody. The father should be paying child support so the mother has some income coming into the home.

In Texas if the mother has custody of the children and goes to prison does the father still have to pay child support?

Yes, if the father is not given custody he will be obligated to keep paying support to whomever the court awards custody or guardianship of the children.

Father has full custody of children. Mother pays child support for them. Who is responsible for child care expenses?

The father does, since the mother is paying her share towards the children in the form of child support.

Can mother get child support if grandparents have custody?

No, she should be paying it.

Can a mother move out of state without telling father especially if father is paying child support?

Well, if he's paying child support, that means she has custody of at least one child who is under 18. So, by law, no, it is illegal for the mother to move out of state without telling the father.

Can the father get custody if mother leaves to go to another state to work and father keeps child even if they arent married and he is still paying child support?

Yes. He would have to petition the court for custody.

Can the mother take a child out of the country if the couple is not married?

If the father have visitation, shared custody or paying child support she will need his and the courts consent.

Does the father have to have the mother's consent to quit paying child support?

The father has to have the court's consent to cease paying child support.

Why does a father who has custody of his kids still have to pay support to ex-wife and her mother?

A husband only pays child support if he does not have custody of the child. If he is paying spousal support, it is only supposed to be temporary until the wife can become financially stable.

If a father pays child support in the state of Georgia can he take the child from the mother?

A father has no right to "take the child from the mother" under any circumstances. Custody is determined by a court order. Obviously, in this case, the court has established a child support order and a custody order. Generally, the father must provide evidence that the mother is unfit in order to obtain custody through the court. Paying child support doesn't give any right to take the child from its mother.

How can a father avoid paying child support if the grandmother gets custody?

My answer to that would be 'No'. The father is responsible for providing child-support regardless of who has custody of the child; at least until the age of 18.

Can mother move to another state with out permission from father when no legal custody?

If the father has no legal custody, but is paying child support, he should be at least told. It's his child, too. The parents divorced each other - they did not divorce themselves from the child.

People also asked