If a father is seeking joint custody and the mother has been served court papers what rights does the father have until the case goes to court?

* It depends if you've made an effort to support your child. If you ran away from your responsibilities and didn't pay that child support then those are marks against you in the court system. If the mother refused to take any money or refused to see you the courts will take this into consideration. At the present time you have no custody at all, and unfortunately, you have no rights until this case comes before a court of law.