If a person from NY received a speeding ticket in Canada would he receive points on his license from NY?

Yes. New York is the only state that has an agreement with Canada to transfer speeding tickets. This is balanced because New York does not post tickets to your record that are received in another state.

If you travel to Canada often be careful as you near the border. New York State Troopers have been very active. They radio ahead to the checkpoint and the border patrol writes you the ticket.