Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-09-12 21:15:31
2011-09-12 21:15:31

US citizenship cannot be lost by her becoming a Mexican citizen. Mexico would control whether she becomes a Mexican citizen. US has no involvement in the process.


Related Questions

No. Neither will automatically become citizen of the other country.

Yes. You must be Mexican by birthright and have one or both parents of Mexican citizenship.

marry a Mexican citizen apply for citizenship after 2 years of been together, move to Mexico work or live there for more than 5 years apply for citizenship

You never loss you citizenship, unless certain acts of war (treason, defection) are committed. No, if you marry to a Mexican in Mexico, you don't loss you citizenship. You should note, however, that he/she is not granted American citizenship automatically.

More than likely, you are already a Mexican citizen. Get your birth documents together and just get a mexican passport to prove Mexican citizenship.

Yes, the child is entitled to hold citizenship of both Mexico and the US.

No she doesn't just make sure that the man loves you and he has your best interest at heart and if you have children be double sure. This citizenship stuff is no joke, desperate people do desperate things.

the parents will obviously give them citizenship since there citizens and its there child,

You must move to Mexico with your spouse and live there for two years with an immigrant visa, then you can apply for Mexican citizenship. You can have both a Mexican and a US passport and be a dual citizen. If you were not married to a Mexican citizen, you would have to live there for four years.

Yes, if the mother applies for naturalization, the child gets it too if still a minor.

Most foreigners can obtain a Mexican passport if they move to Mexico with an immigrant visa and live there for four years (2 years if married to a Mexican citizen). Then one can apply for Mexican citizenship and passport.

Yes, an American citizen may sponsor a same-sex Mexican spouse for a visa, permanent residency and, ultimately, citizenship.

Mexican citizenshipno there are no penalties for returning to your hometown. even if you were here all your life but were born over there youre considered a Mexican citizen. unless you get a citizenship in the united states that's when you have to pay a penalty to go to Mexico.

Yes, the US recognizes legal marriages performed in other countries. This does not mean that the Mexican citizen can enter the US without using the procedure required by US immigration laws.

"Mexican" is a nationality-- a Mexican is a citizen of Mexico.

Yes. You only loss your citizenship if found guilty of treason.

He or she could, but his or her partner must make the appropriate arrangements so that she or he acquires the US citizenship. Namely, contacting the American embassy in Mexico and begin such legal process.

You mean to apply for Mexican citizenship? Or just marrying? Either way, yes you can, but several legal requirements need to be fulfilled beforehand. See the related links for further information.

It allows it but does not recognize the foreign citizenship(s) of a Mexican national. This means that you should enter and leave Mexico using your Mexican passport and, while in Mexico, you are not allowed to seek consular assistance from your other country(ies) of citizenship if you get in trouble.

if an illegal Mexican marries an American they can't go back into Mexico and reenter the United States legally. They can only go to Mexico and reenter legally if they have been granted a Visa.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.