Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2008-01-19 04:42:28

No, they do not become a citizen by virtue of marriage.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Marriage is a wonderful event. Yes, if a female US citizen legally marries a non US citizen in the state of Michigan, they are indeed legally married.

The answer is no. But the children born from this marriage will automatically become US citizens. The spouse of US citizen will be eligible to become US citizen after he/she (the non-US citizen) stay in US for a minimum of 3 years as a Permanent Resident.

A non-citzen can become a citizen in the US if they follow the proper procedures.

You have to go through the process.

The non-US citizen spouse must obtain a visa before entry and is subject to immigration requirements. (Marriage doesn't convey citizenship, but helps).

If a non- royal woman marries a prince, she can become Queen. But if a non-royal man marries a princess then he cannot become king. He becomes Consulate. Its a royalty thing.

No, marrying a U.S. citizen does not automatically convey permanent residency or citizenship. The proper procedures for obtaining resident status will need to be followed by the non-citizen, the issue of a criminal record may play a significant part in a decision by the USICS. (

A non us citizen cannot become president because he or she needs to reside in the United States of America and be an official citizen.

Sure, there are no restrictions on marriage. However, being married does not automatically change one's visa status or citizenship. Make sure you understand the requirements to become a legal resident so that you are not separated from your spouse by INS!

Yes the child is as long as one parent is a US citizen. At 18 the child may have a choice of choosing one citizenship since they hold a dual citizenship.

Then you get married. If the baby is born in the US then he/she is automatically a citizen, regardless of the mother's status. If the mother is a citizen and marries a non-citizen it usually makes it much easier for the non-citizen to stay in the US, but it's not automatic.

No, a non legal citizen with a legal work permit can not adopt in the US. The person may adopt once they become a legal citizen.

Not in the US but probably in their home country.

Yes. In fact, if a person is born in United States territory, he is a natural born American citizen even if both parents are non-citizens.

There is nothing illegal for a US citizen to marry a non-citizen. This marriage will entitle the non-citizen to a number of benefits as the US Citizen can sponsor his/her Citizenship. What matters is whether the non-citizen is legally staying in the US.Illegal residence will lead to deportation and rejection of further visa applications of the non- US Citizen.

Yes, any non-citizen may join, and the Army will afford them the opportunity to become a citizen

You can't become a citizen of England - there is no such thing. People born in England are British.