Best Answer

US Citizens can't be deported from the US. Any alien can be deported.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2008-09-09 18:11:37
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


20 cards

When did immigrants begin to come to America

What did Andrew Carnegie believe

What are the indigenous nomadic ethnic community of Ireland

What is a monopoly

See all cards
No Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: If an American marries a immigrant from another country who has a green card and has a child who is a us citizen can they deport him or her?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

What is the name of a person who is born in another country and becomes a citizen of the US?

ANSWER: An immigrant

What is an immigrant who is not yet a citizen?

If the immigrant already lives in the country he/she is emigrating to many people use the American term "Permanent Resident"

Mother an American citizen and father is not child born in another country is the child an American citizen?

Yes. the child is American citizen.

Do you have to be American to play in the NFL?

you can be from another country, but you must become an American citizen.

What happens if an immigrant marry a U.S citizen and the citizen abandon the immigrant?

You must then report to the police as well as the embassy of your country for help.

What is a person living in a country in which she or he is not a citizen?

They are called an illegal immigrant.

Father an American citizen and mother is not child born in another country is the child an American citizen?

Yes, he will be treated as "US Citizen born abroad"

Does an immigrant come into a country or leave?

An immigrant is a person who comes from one country into another. An emmigrant leaves one country for another.

If a pregnant illegal immigrant gives birth in the USA do they stay in America to provide for their child because the child is a citizen?

No. The illegal immigrant is returned to their country. The child however, is an American citizen and it is up to the parents to decide whether or not to take the child with them.

Would it be invalid if marrying an illegal immigrant who is married in another country?

Firstly, if the person is married in an another country and has come to a particular country illegally it is surely invalid to marry the person. Another thing, if the person is a citizen of that particular country in which he has married it is his right to first take a citizen of that country in which he is going to marry and then he can marry a person another to his own country.

How would you define immagrant?

An immigrant is a person entering a country with the intention of settling in that country who is not a citizen of that country.

How would you define immigrant?

an immigrant is someone that comes from another country

One who lives in another country?

An immigrant.

Someone who moves to another country is an?


Does immigrant mean the same as emigrant?

No. An immigrant is arriving into a country from another one and an emigrant is leaving their country to go to another one. So a person can be an emigrant when they leave their own country and an immigrant when they arrive in the new country.

What is a person who leaves his or her country to live in another country?


If a legal immigrant marries a citizen in the US what rights does the legal immigrant get?

If they're in the country legally, they should apply for US citizenship.

Is the child of an American citizen who is born in a foreign country an American citizen?

Yes they are.

If you married an immigrant What is your status?

Your status is "married." You are still a citizen of this country. There is no special status.

An immigrant who lives in a country and is not a citizen?

do your home work with your book next time come on

What person who moves to a country and becoming a citizen called?

A legal immigrant, if done properly.

Who recently arrived from one country to settle in another country?


Can a US citizen get another citizenship?

A US citizen cannot also be a citizen of another country.

What is a resident born in another country called?

An immigrant.

Can a us citizen parent have a baby in another country and they will be a citizen in that country?