Asked in
Law & Legal Issues

If during a divorce case of 4 years the father still refuses to take his child to receive therapy because he does not favor psychologists or counselors but prefers church pastors then what can done?


User Avatar
Wiki User
July 14, 2009 8:18PM

You really should be asking your attorney this question. However - failing that, you could contact your state's Dept. of Child Protective Services and speak with them. You may have a case for claiming child abuse by the withholding of medical procedure. Furthermore - if the therapy were court ordered, the father may be in contempt of court for failing to carry out the judge's order.