Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-08-22 10:30:40
2007-08-22 10:30:40

== == == == Car insurance follows the car. If someone was injured they can go after the driver if they weren't the owner of the vehicle.


Related Questions

If you have collision coverage on your vehicle, the damage is covered under your policy. Your insurance company will then attempt to recover ("subrogate") the responsible parties insurance carrier....or the responsible party directly if they were not covered by insurance. If you do not carry collision coverage on the damaged vehicle, your only avenue of recovery is through the responsible parties insurance carrier or, the responsible party directly if they were not insured.

In most cases, personal injury policies are not the same as collision insurance. You should check with your insurance provider to see if you are covered.

If its comp and collision then it should be fully covered

You should immediately report the accident both to your own insurance company and to the vehicle owner's insurance company. Depending upon which state you are in, either one or both insurance companies is responsible.

You will need the basic liability insurance. This means that you will be covered for the other person's car if you are in fact responsible for the accident.

Animal CollisionIf your vehicle "collides" with an animal it will be covered under the "collision" portion of your Auto Insurance Policy. Answer from a General Insurance AgentAnswercomprehensive

Comprehensive motor insurance usually covers bodily harm or damage caused by an accident. The comprehensive insurance also cover the liability of the car damages in regards to collision coverage. When deciding on collision coverage, it is important to consider the age of the vehicle to determine if comprehensive or full coverage is needed on the vehicle or if collision insurance would be the appropriate choice.

Although it depends on your insurance, the driver is covered if driving with your permission.

If you leave the scene of any collision, you may be arrested and brought to jail. The laws are different in each state but leaving the scene of an accident is serious. The damage can be covered by insurance.

Only if he as a multiple driver policy. If not, then no, you would not be covered in the event of an accident. He could add you to his policy- just call the insurance company with the details. Not unless she is listed as atleast an occasional operator on his insurance policy.

Everybody covered by the insurance

The CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) insurance covers the following: Liability, collision, theft and other damage. This sort of insurance is offered by car rental companies.

Collision covers if you hit something or turn the vehicle over. The exception is an animal collision which is covered by comprehensive or (other than collision).

A multitude of topics are covered on car insurance forms. Some examples of topics covered include the following: how to make an insurance claim and what to do after an accident.

This will be covered under the collision portion of your Auto Insurance policy. You collided with a telephone pole. Hence, Collision coverage would invoke.

If you are covered by an "Active" auto insurance policy then you will be covered, whether or not you have an active drivers license.

If the accident occurred after your policy lapsed and before reinstatement, no, it won't.

I was driving my truck and towing a U-haul are transporter with my minivan on the transporter. I was involved in an accident. I have total coverage on the truck but only collision on the van. My insurance covered my truck and the damage to the uhaul but not to my van. Hope this helps some

Contact your insurance provider and go over the policy to determine if you are covered for said accident. Not all accidents will be technicalities or covered, so its good to be in the know. Contact your insurance providers immediately.

Contact your local agencies of insurance to find out if you can get collision covered as a teen, or in a unique situation. They will give you policy and technicality, and inform you of what you are eligible for as a client.

If you were involved in an accident with this person then their insurance information will be listed on the accident report. If you were not involved in an accident then it is not your business who they have insurance with. Much of this is covered by the privacy laws so if you really have to know ask the person.

Possibly. Most cases, if it is as simple as you described, no. Theft is a covered loss as long as you have Comprehensive or Other than Collision (depending on the state) subject to your deductible but, liability would not extend in most cases as you did not give permissive use.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.