Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2011-07-13 03:54:41

Yes. They are still the child's parent and responsible for supporting their child.


Your Answer

Related Questions

No - the new spouse isn't responsible for other men's children.

what if the noncustodial parent still reside with the custodial parent, is noncustodial parent still obligated to pay childsupport

Child support needs to be decided on by the court. In most cases, the noncustodial parent is responsible for something. If the custodial parent makes considerably more than the noncustodial parent, monies many not even be exchanged. To resolve this issue, it is best to file papers at your court house.

i am a custodial parent in Michigan. I've been to court to fight it, but unfortunately it is law that if the noncustodial parent is incarcerated they do not owe child support for the time that they are locked up. but if they owe back child support then you can seize anything they own.

Yes. The marital status of the custodial parent change does not change the obligation of the noncustodial parent.

If the non-custodial mother was responsible for full child support before remarrying, that responsibility will continue until the court says otherwise. The court will consider the financial condition of both the non-custodial mother and of the custodial father in deciding whether to continue to require full child support.

In general, yes. The payments are for the children, not the parent. The step-parent is not legally responsible for the children unless he adopts them.

Yes. The fact that the custodial parent got married has no impact on child support.

The obligation should not end, but rather transferred to the now nun-custodial parent.

In general, no. (I suppose the answer might be different if she married Donald Trump.)

No, the parent whom the child began residing would need to file for custody and also support before the original custodial parent would be obligated. However there would be no guarantee that a court would grant the motion.

You don't. Child support is by definition, the non-custodial parent paying to help cover the child-rearing expenses incurred by the custodial parent. Support payments are set by the court and the court would have to stop it. If the mother remarries and the new father adopts the child with your permission, then the child support stops.

It depends on the state. Most states do not take a new spouse's income into account when determining the child support amount, so even if the custodial parent remarries, child support amounts are likely to stay the same.

As it is normally a part of the child support order, the custodial parent would.

Well no, but if the custodial parent need benefits or financial support form the state the non-custodial parent will be asked by the state for child support. Parents are first responsible to support their child.

Either to the custodial parent as the obligee, or to the State as reimbursement for public assistance.

No, only the biological parents income will be used to figure the child support amount. No step-parent income is used in the state of Maryland.

Not automatically, but can be raised as a rebuttable presumption. see links

Of course. The child is still your child and you must continue to pay child support unless the new spouse legally adopts your child. In that case, your parental rights would end.

Yes, it can. Moving in with the other parent is grounds for "flipping" child support payments. However, this must be done by court order.

That is dependent on a number of factors, including the custodial parent's income. see link

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.