Asked in
Abusive Relationships and Domestic Violence

If you've been very critical of your wife and stepchildren and now your wife has filed for divorce saying she can't live with you anymore how do you get them back?


User Avatar
Wiki User
February 19, 2008 1:41AM

Sounds like you have lots of problems and whether you like it or not you do need Anger Management courses and seek out psychiatric counseling. If you don't come face-to-face with yourself you will not only lose your wife and step children, but also your own being and that's a sorry sight. It's too bad you saw your mistakes almost too late. I would suggest talking to your wife and try to see if she will settle for a trial separation first and that you will seek psychiatric counseling and will have her meet the doctor. Make her part of it! You may have hurt her one too many times and it could be too late, but give it a shot and see what she says. I have no doubt, in some part of her being she still loves you, feels like she has failed and is afraid of you. It will take time to gain her trust again. If she doesn't want to try, then you have caused your own misery and I hope you seek out that help so this will never happen to you again or to another woman or kids. You owe to others and more than anything, you owe to yourself. Good luck