Labor and Employment Law
Unemployment Benefits

If you are currently collecting unemployment benefits due to a job loss in Florida and are relocating due to your spouse's health will you be able to collect unemployment benefits in your new state?



User Avatar
Wiki User

Yes, you can continue to collect benefits through the interstate benefits program. Inform the Florida division of employment services that you are relocating and contact the state's employment division of your new state as soon as possible after your arrival. Your continued benefits will still be paid by the state of Florida.