Asked in
Divorce and Marriage Law
Property Law

If you are married to an illegal immigrant and own a house then you divorce what happens with the house?


User Avatar
Wiki User
September 19, 2007 6:47PM

You should get a quitclaim recorded by the ex-spouse if they are on the title. The mortgage in your name will still be payable. As far as I know, foreigners can have ownership in property in the US