If you bought a house and the owner broke the contract by not fixing everything in the contract that he signed can you recover damages for the house?

You may have a good claim. The seller is on the hook to repair whatever he agreed to fix in the contract. Your attorney should notify him via his attorney that he is in breech. If the seller fails to respond, your attorney should file a claim against him in civil court. If your attorney is reluctant, find another lawyer.