Divorce and Marriage Law
Citizenship and Marriage
Age of Consent & Underage Relationships

If you get married in another country how can you make it legal in the US?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2010-01-21 19:50:56
2010-01-21 19:50:56

It is legal in the US as long as you have the documents to prove it. Certified translations are good to have.


Related Questions

Of course they can! No matter who you are you may get married, but make sure it is legal in your country.

If you get married in Florida it is legal but you should always have a blessing in your own country just to make sure it is certain :)

This depends on the laws of the country in which you reside. Generally it is against the law to be married to more then one person at a time.

Yes, they can get married. It does not make the illegal legal, or even allow them to get a green card. They can still be deported as an illegal.

If you're in the US and assuming you're talking about immigration issues... Merely marrying a US citizen does not make someone 'legal' or give them the right to remain in the country.

Your divorce in another country is legal in this country. Just make sure all documents are translated to the English langauge and are accompanied by a translators certificate of translation.

If she is married, she is considered emancipated. For a legal contract she may have to show proof of marriage.

If you have been married to your husband for many years, and you are not using the clause just to make your marriage legal . it is alright.

Getting married to a U.S. citizen will not make you a legal resident. If you are in the U.S. legally you can file to adjust your status to a legal resident. If you are in the U.S. illegally, getting married to a U.S. citizen will not help. You will need to go back to your country and apply for either a K1 fiance visa or a K3 spousal visa.

No. An engagement is a promise to marry. In many jurisdictions an engagement is a legal commitment with the possibility of legal consequences if the engagement is broken. A married woman cannot make a legal promise to marry someone else. She is not free to marry until she has legally dissolved her existing marriage.

my fiance came to America with out a visa and i wanted to know what can i do to make him legal here with out sending him back to his country??

Yes, If a non Legal resident marries a Legal resident,he or she are judged to be Legal resident of that country. They can have their Spouse VISA.So that can make them live happily and together forever.

One way Elizabeth I kept her country safe was by negotiating a compromise between the Protestants and Catholics which ended religious fighting in the country. Another way she kept England safe was by not getting married. If she had married her new husband could rule the country and possibly make bad decisions for her people.

No it does not make him a citizen, but it you may sponser him for citizenship if you wish.

no it is not. You're eighteen and a legal adult who can make their own decisions.

Have your brother take the immigration test for the new country.

Tell the insurance company you make a mistake on the application form, and that the fact is the man you described as your husband has not legal relation to you.

The first consideration you should make is which country the lawsuit should be filed in, which is a decision a lawyer can help you make. You should also make sure that your verdict is recognized in all courts where the judgment needs to be enforced.

No. But if you save your sim and make them move to another part you can.

The Netherlands legalized euthanasia on Monday April 1st, 2002. It was practiced illegally for many years prior. This was the first country in the world to make it legal.

You can realise your question is rhetorical.

only way is to conect with another senior

If the parents are married and the child is a minor the answer is yes. If the parents are divorced or never married, the parent(s) with legal custody can make that decision.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.