Debt and Bankruptcy

If you have a debt over 8 years old and a year ago an attorney filed a judgment on that debt can they do that?


User Avatar
Wiki User

Yes. The attorney can file. Of course, you can answer the summons and appear in court to request the creditor or its' attorney release the date of last activity on the account.

Information on statute of limitations (for both collection activity, judgments and credit reporting) can be found at

yes, depending on the debt.