Divorce and Marriage Law
Child Support

If you have been receiving an extra 300 per month for child support above the court-ordered amount for 3 years can you enforce it as child support if your ex now wants reimbursement back from you?

User Avatar
Wiki User
June 08, 2005 10:40PM

It would not be deemed to be a child support payment if it were not included in the original support order. However, if the payment was voluntary and not coerced or obtained under false circumstances, the person paying the support would not be able to recover the amount.