If you have primary residential custody what can you do if the father refuses to return your son after a weekend visit?

File parental kidnapping charges. File contempt with state. If you know where the child is being kept and the other parent isn't there you can pick up the child at the babysisters.

We had this problem with my husband's exwife, she took them to IN for a summer visit and signed papers saying she would bring them back in the middle of Oct. We finally got them the 2nd week in Nov. She refused to honor her signature and drive them back, we had to drive to pick them up. She kept screaming that she didn't know WHY he wouldn't just let her keep the kids. We called the police in IN, they told us that they do have laws against parental kidnapping and such on the books, but that unfortunetly they had never written down any way to enforce these laws so there was really nothing that could be done to return the children other than wait for her to bring them back or file a contempt order in the original state, FL. wait for months or years and see if she showed up for that but if not we'd have to wait till she went back to FL if we happened to know about it and try to get her there.