Law & Legal Issues
Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out

If you live with your grandmother but your mom has custody and lives with her boyfriend does she have the right to tell you what to do?

User Avatar
Wiki User
July 15, 2015 7:49PM

Yes. As the custodial parent she can excercise her parental rights accordingly. Who she lives with is irrelevant. If there is an objection by another family member(s) a hearing can be granted for all sides to state their positions. If the court finds it advisable custody can be granted to another acceptable adult.