Citizenship and Marriage

If you marry an illegal alien will they become a US citizen?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2014-08-26 23:12:44
2014-08-26 23:12:44

A person will not automatically become a US citizen as soon as soon as an illegal alien marries a citizen. The illegal alien will have to file for a VISA with the INS.

User Avatar

Related Questions

they have to aleast have been maried to a us citizen for 3 or more years in order to become a us citizen!

Yes, an American citizen can marry an illegal alien in America. The illegal alien can file for a Visa after marrying an American at the INS office.

If I Marry An Illegal From Mexico Can He Become A Citizen

It is wrong for a citizen to knowingly marry an illegal alien. Get advice from an Immigration lawyer.

Yes! A USA. citizen can marry an undocumented citizen or illegal alien.

Please answer in what states can a us citizen marry an illegal alien to get the green card

marry an alien...............u die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, a US citizen can marry an illegal alien whose Visa has expired in San Francisco. The illegal will still have to renew their Visa to stay in the US.

If you marry an illegal immigrate, he or she will automatically become a citizen of the nation you reside in. This, of course, depends on if you are a birth or naturalized citizen of your respective country. If you are only a resident alien, both of you will have to apply for citizenship status in the country.

Yes, a US citizen can marry the illegal alien in any state but must file for spouses residency as soon as they are married.

No. Only if you marry him, he will become a citizen.

No. They still have to apply for citizenship through the immigration office. Even if they are married the application can be denied.

You can marry anyone you want, but to marry an illegal, would be illegal. About the best thing you could do if you really want to marry for love, is to have the illegal go back to his/her country and then you can have him/her come here legally, and then get married, and then go through the expensive channels, to become a legal perm resident.

If you are a US citizen and marry an illegal alien who entered the country with a valid VISA, he would not have to leave the country. You would have to have his status adjusted so he would no longer be in the US illegally, however.

Until her visa is up. Even if you marry her the process for her to legally stay in the country is very timely and costly. So if she stays she will essentially become an illegal alien until she is given residency.

No, since Aliens aren't allowed in U.S, no you cannot be asociated with that alien really, but it's not a law.

You can marry a person who is here illegally anytime in every state. At this time there are no laws forbidding one to marry someone like that.

The simple answer is, NO, at least not right away. An illegal alien gains very little from marriage to a permanent resident. You cannot adjust status to permanent resident inside the U.S. You would have to leave the country to apply for an immigrant visa based upon the marriage.

Yes. There is generally no citizenship requirement for marriage in the United States. So, if you can marry at the age of 18 in your state, then it doesn't matter if the person you marry is a citizen, permanent resident or undocumented alien.

I do not think that applys any longer. So the answer is no you will not automaticly become an American Citzen just because you marry one of us. I do not think that applys any longer. So the answer is no you will not automaticly become an American Citzen just because you marry one of us.

I am not immigration lawyer or anything like that. But I believe that if it is very hard for a US citizen to marry an illegal alien in the US (because of all the paperwork and time that it takes and the legth of time, one year or more. Often the illegal alien will HAVE to go back to their country and start the paperwork process from there). That's why it seems to me that it would be even more difficult for a permanent resident alien to marry an illegal alien, but perhaps not imposible-- perhaps. That is assuming that you are a permanet resident alien of the US or have a similar visa.

Yes you can marry and I suggest you file for Permanent Resident status as soon as possible after the marriage.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.