If you paid 765 dollars this year in federal tax payments that were owed for a previous year is this your deductible?

Federal taxes paid or payable, (even if paid in the current year), aren't deductible in calculating your federal taxable income. State income tax payments may be deductible in determining your federal tax taxable income. And refunds received of a prior years State income tax may therefore be included in the current years federal taxable income.