Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2005-08-12 18:06:36

No you don't. They can cut the pipe and weld the flex pipe into place...otherwise it will get VERY costly


Related Questions

You get a catalitic converter with flex pipe on for arround $300 and labor will at least one hour (depends on region). You are facing a bill about ~$400.

The 1994 -1996 Toyota Camry has a flexible joint inline with the Rear Catalytic Converter. (Yes two converters!) The Flex joint develops a leak and then the vehicle sounds like a tank driving down the road. The Flex joint is welded onto the pipe so it is not replaceable. Fortunately the cost for the entire pipe with the converter is very reasonably priced! Replacing the entire Converter pipe will have the vehicle back on the road in very little time.

The converter is located under the car right after the flex pipe

The 2002 Mazda MPV has two flex pipes that comes from manifold. One of these flex pipes comes with the catalytic converter. I had it changed at Speedy and it cost around $800.00 cost, labour,taxes incl.

Disconnect the frontand rear o2 sensor electrical connectors. Separate the catalytic converter from the flex-pipe. Remove the fasteners between the catalytic converter and the exhaust manifold. Disconnect the EGR tube from the catalytic converter. Remove band from the front of the catalytic that holds it to the bracket on the front of the engine block. Remove fasteners holding exhaust manifold to head.

most likely the converter is plugged up and caused a leak in the flex pipe

The flex plate is bolted to the back of the crankshaft. It connects the motor to the torque converter in the transmission. To replace you remove the transmission and replace it.

The downstream O2 sensor is located at the catalytic converter or in the exhaust pipe directly behind the catalytic converter. The upstream O2 sensor is threaded into the topside of the exhaust manifold - just before the flex connector - and can be difficult to access. Good luck!

There should be 2 (upstream) O2 sensors (one for each bank of cylinders) before the catalytic converter and only one (downstream) O2 sensor after the catalytic converter. All 3 are threaded into the exhaust system.

1. You have to hook back up the torque converter. 2. Fluid cooler lines. 3. Install the transaxle housing to engine bolts. 4. put back in the torque converter to flex plate. 5. Put back any chassis or suspension components. 6. Put back the computer control relay module. 7. Replace the starter. 8. Replace the 3 nuts of the LH supporter insulator. 9. Replace the driveaxles. 10. Replace the catalytic converter. 11. Replace the crossmember. 12. Replace the remaining transaxle mounting bolts.

Under your van, between the catalytic converter and the muffler. Approx under the front seats of the vehicle. It has 2 mesh 'flexy' things on it.

Towards the front right behind the flex pipe, it is the first exhaust component near the front when you look under the car. It looks like a small muffler.

Remove the inspection plate/dust cover from the bell housing. Disconnect the torque converter from the flex plate. Remove the drive shaft from the transmission. Separate the engine and transmission and support the transmission while you remove the flex plate. Replace the flex plate and put it all back together.

i need to replace the flex shaft in my weedeater. how do i do it?

your spacer plate and starter should be the same the flex plate and converter will need to be replaced

remove engine or transmission replace flex plate (flywheel).

A automatic has a flex plate and a tork converter.. A manual trans has flex plate and fly wheel...

will bolt up but you may have to replace the flex plate ot tourque converter, and possibly the wiring the gos into it

If it really IS the flex plate, that's a lot cheaper than other problems that could cause a bad knock. The flex plate is a steel plate that bolts to the rear of the engine and has gear teeth around it. The starter engages with the teeth to start the engine. The torque converter also bolts to the flex plate. All power produced by the engine that is used to move the vehicle goes through the flex plate. Flex plates get old and sometimes crack. When that happens you want to get the old flex plate out of there as soon as you can before it breaks completely and destroys the torque converter. A flex plate is relatively cheap, compared to a complete engine rebuild or replacing the torque converter. To replace the flex plate, simply pull the engine (or transmission, whichever is easiest), unbolt the flex plate from the crankshaft, bolt up a replacement and put the transmission (or engine) back. Of course, there is more involved than that, but it's not as bad as some repairs.

major job for the inexperienced you must first remove the transmission then you remove torque converter from flex plate. flex plate is equivalent to a fly wheel in a standard gear box to replace torque converter, is another job in itself as it must be installed loosely until transmission is installed , then properly filled with transmission fluid then tightened properly if not sure about all this, it is likely to not work or fail going down the road WAIT!, ..unbolt the torque converter from the flex plate and remove with the transmission! If you pull the transmission separately, you risk damaging the pump in the transmission! Same applies going back in, the torque converter needs to be meshed into the front pump of the transmission before putting into the car. Then once the transmission is bolted to the engine, THEN you bolt the torque converter to the flex plate. If you do as described in the first answer, you will very likely end up replacing the entire transmission! This job requires experience and special tools, not for the beginner.

Usually on the "Y" pipe just after the manifold connection points on a duel O2 sensor setup (one on each side) or just before the "y" pipe joins the flex pipe in front of the catalytic converter

Most likely a cracked flex plate making the torque converter nock or the torque converter is bad.

You can use regular exhaust pipe providing it fits and you can bend it into the location.

pull engine, unbolt torque converter from flex plate (3 bolts), fill new torque converter with ATF fluid(so it dont start up dry), place new torque converter on to the transmission input shaft, reinstall engine, from underneath now u can spin the engine over by hand to line up the bolt holes and tighten the torque converter to the flexplate.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.