Law & Legal Issues
State Laws

If you voluntarily terminated your parental rights - and the grandparents adopted your son - is there anything you can do to restore your parental rights in the State of Michigan?


Wiki User

You could certainly submit a rescission petition and try to explain your position to the judge, but there doesn't seem to be a specific statute that allows or denies this in Michigan law. I advise you talk to a lawyer, as there are so many variables at work here, and a local lawyer would be better versed in your local state's legislature.