If your boyfriend leaves you two months before the baby is born how do you make sure you have full custody?

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-16 18:26:01
2015-07-16 18:26:01

Unless your boyfriend signs over all of his rights as the father of your child (even if he didn't sign the birth certificate), he still has rights to the child. My boyfriend left me at the beginning of my pregnancy. I had my son and filed for child support. My ex-boyfriend had to take a paternity test or sign an affidavit that he was the father. He did sign that he was the father and then he hired a lawyer a filed a petition for joint custody. So now, even though he left me and I had to pay for all of my prenatal care, he still will be rewarded with joint custody because unless he is proven to be an unfit father, the courts determine that it is in the best interest of the child to have a nurturing relationship from both a mother and a father. Beleive me, if I knew then what I know now, I would not have told him that he was the father and just raise my child on my own.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.