Best Answer

It's quite possible, the time frame depends upon the state SOL pertaining to child support. The custodial parent can file in the state where the order was granted or in the state where the non-custodial parent resides. The petitioner should choose the state with the longest Statute of Limitation's when filing the claim.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2005-06-01 14:59:12
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: If your child's father doesn't stay out of prison long enough for child support to be ordered can you still collect back pay once he is released or the child turns 18?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions
People also asked