If your detained husband will be deported within the next few months and you have one child and no property how do you file for divorce once he is overseas and do you need an attorney?

Why wait? IF you want a divorce it is easier due to the fact he will not be available to even contest the divorce due to be detained within a federal facility. Better to do it now, than to wait until he gets into another country and can hire counsel to represent his case.