Children and the Law
Child Support

If your minor aged sister resides with you and you signed a recognizant release for her to be released from police custody will her parents be required to attend the juvenile court hearing?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-06-15 12:22:09

The person who signed for the juveniles released and by doing so

guaranteed her appearance in court is responsible to see that she

does show up on the date of her hearing. If that person is not the

legal guardian of the minor (in most states he or she would need to

be) the parent(s) or legal guardian will be required to attend the

hearing unless the juvenile has already been deemed a "ward of the

state" in which case a GAL or other representative will be

appointed to represent he or she.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.