In Alabama the husband has filed for a divorce the wife has received the papers yet refuses to sign it what is the next step for the husband to take?

I don't know Alabama law, but when this happens in California, the husband would just proceed with the divorce by default. Meaning, he could get whatever orders he requested and whatever property he wanted without her say so (providing, of course, if it is deemed fair and equitable by the Court.)

ANSWER: In Alabama, if the complaint has been filed, your wife would have to Answer the Complaint within 30 days. If she does not answer, you must ask the court for a default judgment.