Women's Health
Children and the Law

In Colorado if you will be 18 in three months can the authorities force you to return home?



User Avatar
Wiki User

They can, but it is unlikely that they would unless the parents or guardian of the minor has a court order remanding the minor into their custody. What action might take place in such a situation could depend upon the individual circumstances, such as where the minor is living and is he or she self-supporting, if the minor has had previous problems with authorities, if the minor is required to continue his or her schooling under the compulsory education laws, and so forth.