Auto Insurance
Tickets Points and Auto Insurance Rates
Traffic Violations and Tickets

In Kansas what recourse do you have when an 18-year-old receives a speeding ticket for doing 105 MPH in a 70 MPH zone if the car's speedometer is faulty and the tires are oversized?



User Avatar
Wiki User

The cited party can contest the ticket and obtain legal counsel or represent themselves. The issues of the faulty speedometer and large tires are totally irrelevant, a judge would not be sympathetic to a person who could not tell they were going 35 MPH over the posted speed limit.