Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-12-30 06:27:30

Yes, as is their custodial right.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Generally the noncustodial parent may move anywhere - within or outside the state where the children live. The court grants the noncustodial parent the right to visit the children but does not force the noncustodial parent to take advantage of that right. However, a court may require the noncustodial parent to provide the custodial parent with contact information and, where issues develop about the care or safety of the children, the court may require supervised visitation or at least that the noncustodial parent advise the custodial parent where the children will be.

Whose responsibility is it to transport children of separation/divorce to the noncustodial parents visitations?

can't with the permission of the other parent or the court.

No, a non custodial parent can not take a child out of state without the custodial parents permission. The non custodial parent could be charged with kidnapping if charges are brought against them.

In Michigan, the custodial parent can't move the kids more than 100 miles away from the other parent and can't go out of state, even for a vacation, without permission from the court

No, the custodial parent must give written a agreement which contains all pertinent information including the date the child/children will leave and the date they will return, how and when the non-custodial parent should stay in contact, and so forth. If a non-custodial parent removes a child/children from ANY place w/o the knowledge and/or permission of the custodial parent they are committing "parental kidnapping" and may be subject to criminal prosecution and other penalties.

It can be if they do not have permission to take the child.

In general, yes. The payments are for the children, not the parent. The step-parent is not legally responsible for the children unless he adopts them.

Yes, unless there are other arrangements mentioned in the visitation order. The non-custodial parent shouldn't expect the custodial parent to do the transporting. Taking your own parental responsibilities seriously is character building.

The non-custodial parent must notify the custodial parent of their intentions and the destination of their vacation. The custodial parent has the right to know where the child will be. Also, it is unlikely the visitation order provides that the non-custodial parent can keep the child out of school for a vacation. They would have no automatic right to do so. They would need the consent and cooperation of the custodial parent.

Yes, unless they have permission from the court.Yes, unless they have permission from the court.Yes, unless they have permission from the court.Yes, unless they have permission from the court.

Permission from the court would not be required. The court does not become involved in things such as childcare providers, schools, religion, etc. such issues are hopefully decided amicably between the parents. The exception, of course, is if the non custodial parent restricted vistation or contact with the children by order of the court.

You need to take this to court. The court will or will not give you permission to leave with the children, based upon the evidence at hand.

yes, as long as it is discussed and permission obtained from the person who has custody of the child.

Report that person to Children and Family services and look for legal help to modify your custody agreement and get the non-custodial parent help or in parentingclasses.

Maybe, but there are conditions. First, he has to have written permission from the cutodial parent and he has to attach that to another permission with the girlfriends name and sign it. This can be given to the school or day care where his children are located for her to pick up. If the custodial parent states no then she can't.

Not without written permission of the other custodial parent or by Order of the Court.

Yes. Only with the written permission of the primary custodial parent can the child be released to someone else.

The answer depends on the details. If the non-custodial parent consented to a modification of the custody order to make the move possible and the custodial parent has moved, the court is unlikely to change that order. You need to speak with someone at the court or with a private attorney who can review the situation and explain your options.

If it is really that bad I would get a call into the department of social services or family services and report the parent. You need an lawyer to make sure the kids aren't going there. Get the ball rolling tomorrow.

Maybe, if the absent parent does not share custody in any manner and there is not a visitation order in place, a custodial parent can take whatever action he or she chooses in regards to a minor child. However, courts do not look favorably upon any parent who does not allow the other parent to have a relationship with his or her minor child/children unless there is substantiated reasons (child abuse, endangerment, etc.) for the action. A parent who is being denied access to his or her child/children can file suit for visitation and/or custodial rights if they so choose.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.