Asked in Runaways

In Wisconsin can the police force a 17-year-old runaway return home if the minor has a safe place to live?



User Avatar
Wiki User

No. Wisconsin is the only US state where a minor who is at least 16 can use "self-emancipation". The requirements are, the minor must be in a safe environment as determined by authorities, must inform the parents or guardian of his or her location and must comply with all state laws pertaining to compulsory education, sufficient income for support, etc.