In the state of Illinois can you live with someone while you are receiving alimony from your ex?

Yes. Only marraige can make the alimony dissolve. However, your ex can take you to court and have the alimony reduced if he can prove your situation has improved by moving in with someone. It has happened and I have seen it go both ways.