Children and the Law
Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out
Phineas and Ferb

In the state of Louisiana if I run away at 17 and I'm still enrolled in school can the police make me go back home if not can they take action if I'm staying with a 24 year old male friend?

User Avatar
Wiki User
February 25, 2008 2:17AM

I'm not firmiliar with Louisiana law, but in most places, custody bearing adults have the right to demand you back within their care unless you have been emancipated.