Best Answer

You are going to have to look at the underhood emissions sticker. I'm not positive if there is one or not, but most cars from this time period have an underhood emissions sticker that tells you what the spark plug gap, ignition timing, and idle speed should be. Attached to the sticker should be a drawing of how the vaccum lins are routed. If you cannot find this under the hood, you may have to get a service manual for the car. The factory service manual is always the best, but I believe Haynes manuals also have the vacuum hose routing listed. You can get Haynes manuals at auto parts stores like Auto Zone. I am not sure what vacuum control unit you mean, but I assume you mean the vapor canister, which controls evaporative emissions (i.e. gasoline that has vaporized). There should be one line going to the gas tank, and another line going to the top of the carburetor (the bowl vent line). These two hoses are relatively large. There should be a third, smaller vacuum hose hooked up to PORTED vacuum on the carburetor. Ported vacuum means vacuum that is present only when the throttle is depressed, as opposed to manifold vacuum which is present whenever the engine is running. You will have to figure out which port on the carburetor is for ported vacuum and which is for manifold vacuum. One way to do this is by using a vacuum gauge. It is possible that there is a fourth hose, (small hose) which is for manifold vacuum. It is unclear to me why this would be needed in addition to the other three, but I have seen canisters set up this way sometimes.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2009-01-09 18:49:33
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: In what order do the vacuum lines get reconnected to the vacuum control unit at the front right end of the car on a 1980 Buick Skylark v6 with ac?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked