In which state court do you file a lawsuit to obtain a judgment against someone who owes you money?

I believe what is meant in which court should a lawsuit be filed, as that is the procedure for procuring a judgment award against a debtor. The best option for a person who is going to represent themselves (Pro Se) would be small claims court in the city or county where the debtor resides. Lawsuits for debt that exceeds the maximum allowed in small claims are filed in the state circuit court of the debtor's city or county of residence.